6.15.2009

Jazz in the Woods


Photos by Jeff M

I should have known that the word "jazz" and a city like Overland Park do not necessarily mesh. The pictures above were taken at the annual Jazz in the Woods event, a free concert event that is meant to raise money --- through food vendor sales --- for children's charities.
The music, as I hinted, was average, though I wouldn't call it jazz. More like Kenny G Jazz.
In any case, it was nice to take the children and let them run around. The tree above was worth the 30 mile trip: massive and majestic, beautifully expressive. The only troubling thing was the fact that the company who treats the grass left their small flags scattered throughout the median, flags that were attached to metal poles. I picked up a couple and discarded them; I didn't need my children impaling themselves on one of them.

No comments: